HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY FOR MEN
September 9, 2009 by pontarae
Filed under Bio Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Hormone Pellet Therapy, Hormone Replacement Dallas, Hormone Therapy, Hormone Therapy for Men, Male Hormone Therapy, Testosterone Therapy
Until now hormone replacement therapy for men required daily applications or injections that were limited and costly. The advent of bio-identical testosterone pellets now enables men to easily feel invigorated and renewed. Placed painlessly under the skin bio-identical hormone pellets restore deficient levels of testosterone back to your “biologic age” when in your mid-thirties. Youthful hormone levels mean that you can maintain youthful function throughout your entire life.
Why is Hormone Therapy for Men Not Well Known?
In the past the focus of hormone replacement therapy has been on women when ovarian function declines or ceases.This is known as menopause and the “change” usually occurs quickly. With men the decline in testosterone levels occurs over along period of time and the symptoms of decline of less dramatic. This gradual decline in testosterone in males is called andropause. If not treated andropause often results in decreased sexual sexual function and loss of muscle mass along with an increase in body fat, depression, lethargy and irritability. Hormone therapy for men addresses these negatives directly.
What Are The Benefits of Hormone Therapy for Men?
- Improve sexual function and desire.
- Decrease body fat and increase lean body mass.
- Improve memory, and decrease moodiness and irritability.
- Increase stamina and capacity for exercise.
- Decrease symptoms of inflammation such as joint discomfort.
- Increase productivity, creativity and order in personal and professional life.
Start Living Today! – Schedule a consultation with Dr. Sanchez
- When you schedule your consultation with me, lab forms will first be sent for the blood work necessary before beginning your hormone replacement therapy. Men will need to document a normal prostate exam within the past six months. I will refer you to a urologist if you do not currently have one.
- I’ll review the lab work when it is completed to be certain you are a good candidate for the replacement therapy. The procedure can be done that same day. This involves the painless placement of natural bioidentical testosterone pellets under the skin of the buttocks. For your comfort I’ll first administer a local anesthetic to the area, then I’ll complete the procedure in less than ten minutes.
- Post-procedure care is simple and I’ll detail it completely when we meet.
And by the way, during your consultation we’ll exhaustively discuss all aspects of your current well being, the benefits that hormone therapy will likely provide, and I’ll answer every question you may have about hormones and your health.